Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Day After Christmas and Walking the Hill


Words. Set #81  with about 111 days till I set foot on the trail.

(Power) Intentional

adjective
  1. done on purpose; deliberate.

(Force) Calculating
adjective
  1. acting in a scheming and ruthlessly determined way.


********
Today was a nice day to hike the hill behind the home before dinner.
Glad the mud was more stable than in the spring.  It gave me a chance to see where the run off is mostly starting from above and behind the home.

Actually, it should be considered trail blazing cuz there are no trails ... yet. 
Briers, brambles and prickers.  Sticks and twigs.  Rocks and mud.
All the fresh leaves made it a little challenging but my hiking stick worked well on the steep sections.



We made it about half way up the back property which was enough with the day light we had left.  As you might be able to see, the sun is about 3 fingers from going over the hills in the distance ... which works out to the best guess @45 min. as I did not have my phone as a clock or weather date, temperature and dusk/dawn clock.

I honestly thought that the hill would be training me for the trail and I think now that the trail is going to train me for this hill behind the home.  There is a lot to document and move.  22 acres worth.
I'll take my vacation first to get in shape then I'll start in 2021 working the property.  Seems like a good plan from my couch. :)

We got down from the back hill in time.  Lots of daylight left and a sunset to watch.  Little slippage and no trail dancing on the way down.  The "Big Stick" worked as advertised.  I can see getting a different end section for days like today.  Having something stab the earth a little would have helped.

I've got it on my list for when I order my back pack soon.

*******
Other than that, just another day after Christmas.  No where to go.
Finished the main sections of stitch rip-out on all 3 quilts.
Getting ready to cut out the sections and then Serge them together.
Printed the books for the Serger so that I can give it a little maintenance before testing.  Things to do, things to do.

Enjoy the day!
I did.


~ Kindle