Monday, December 9, 2019

Laying it all out - Finding edges of learning

Words. Set 98 of 140  counting down.
(Power) Impartial
adjective
  1. treating all rivals or disputants equally; fair and just.

(Force)  Righteous
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person or conduct) morally right or justifiable; virtuous.


"Things" don't just happen, "Things" happen just.
*********

Listening to Don McLean singing "Vincent".
I will learn that tune as my fingers & mind remember they did once.  I trust muscle memory sometimes, it returns quickly.
So soothing and melodic on the guitar.

Not to be compared to Procol Harum or 10 Years After. lol
Listening to 60's and 70's soft rock today.

I just thought the song "I'd love to change the World" by 10 years after was sung by Procol Harum
 for some reason.  Odd how my mind mixes jibberish and trivia.  I guess I'm now just a Whiter Shade of Pale.  Nice to view how London looked a while back.

As for changing the world, I'm thankful that they (the songwriters)  have free speech.  I like the tune but the words do not match all of my views, just some.  It and it's words are very much dated to it's time in history for sure.  I hear their bigotry. I need to learn from it.

**********


I would like to see education take a faster step towards revamp.
Minds can be developed quicker and differently I believe.
Happiness to learn.  Joy to be there (in school) to learn.
Supporting "Solution First" thinking at the onset as there are no Fear and Problems. 
A 6000 year test of time: Opportunity mixed with Difficulty.
Teaching "Learning" as a skill that needs forever development.
Reminding all that they are born genius.  Life de-geniuses us all.

If the USN can do it; to take farm boys and make them nuclear repair monkeys in a very rapid schooling conquest, then why aren't those or similar high end learning strategies taught?  Too much brainwashing needed that is not socially approve-able?
Too Maddening to the student who will then forever process data with their minds instead of TI-80's or voice activated "Ziggy's".  

A Quantum Leap for sure but I see it happening in the Mozarts and Baby Einsteins that appear on the tube all over the globe.  Some parents have helped their children like the good book states: (and I'm paraphrasing) "Raise a child in the way HE/SHE should go, and then he/she will not depart from it."  I read it to be interpreted as raising a child IN THEIR personal interests.  If they are aware of them.  Not beat them to conform to someones ideology.

I had a 5 year old tell me once what they were going to be.
A "Robot Fixer!"  This was 1990.  Not many robots next door or in our home and he was dead nut set on that becoming a reality.

This one day happened after I had just spent 7 years counseling 100's others who were still trying to figure out what they wanted to be when they grew up (just like myself).  This 5 y.o. had it down and was convinced long before they grew up what they wanted to be. 

Now, 30 years have past since that time.  It took that long to become a MASTER of their craft.  Robot Fixing.  Congrats Son.
YOU did it!   All the way down to component level. 
Very basically advanced. 

Here is the synopsis of my theory: 
"If one understands ALL the components of any machine, they can master how those parts work in unison with it or any machine."{from base to trons}
~ Pete Tokarczyk

Son, you even follow the trons down the light pipes, lol. 
You are a Master for sure.

I believed and helped him believe it too ... all along the path to completion without a degree.  That is not to say that "Some College" was not needed and that work experience "should" add to one's aspiring vocation(s). 

There's Fear ALL along the way. Unknowns and Angel trust.

It was essentially needed along the path. 
That is a structure of learning that needs to be experienced just as Vo Tech has it's place along with Community College.  
Work there, study there, just use the library there and mingle.  Take a welding class or pottery or glass necklace workshop.  One can quickly learn from and in those styles of learning.
Adapting YOUR STYLE to YOURSELF is the goal to a life long joy of self learning.

A full piece of paper as a degree is nice for some and has become the yard stick to measure oneself to, but what if .... a piece of paper was not to be in your travel of learning?  Mine was paid for "IF" the final print said Dr. of Chiropractic on it with my name. 
I started and ended within 3 months.  
I was then 17 and on my own terms.
Age 18 was soon to arrive and I best be prepared.
I was legal to be tried and hit as an adult.
I started my survival training in San Diego, CA one week after turning 18. It's been a learning experience ever since.

Yes, not having a placard on the wall, it hampers one to advance in a corporate styled world but that does not mean the mail boy/girl cannot become the CEO.  Just a little tougher with less handshakes and ass kissing to the top.  
Life is not fair for sure, it is totally stacked in my favor or so the Universe tells me.  lol.
Others it seems, row, row, row their boats gently down the streams of life too.  Merrily life is but a dream.  Learned in Kindergarten cause I was there and paid attention THAT day.  ;)

Also comes the "collateral" learning that needs to happen at home or on the bus or in the car via Book, Phone, Radio, CD, USB or Satellite.

Experience things that cannot be duplicated in a safe lab.
Safely of course.  :)

Experience, not paper, seemed to always be the ones "fixing" the equipment. Not the ones with the paper.  Hand some of them a wrench and you would get the look of: "I don't want to break a nail" or "It might make my limp wrist strong".   I don't deal well with being told how to do my job by one who cannot do it.

I learned metallurgy for welding.  I advanced my studies to understand Non Destructive Testing others welds in high stress, high pressure and temperature settings.
I enjoyed playing with, making and transferring Power up and over sometimes to 5000 psi and 13.8 KV  where a trust of people, abilities, materials, metal and it's properties is a must.

Then an injury had me go thru a series of vocational changes to survive in this ever changing world of ours the past 25 years.
Seems I was on the bleeding edge of a lot of technologies as they all transitioned.  Almost like I was the correct Father chosen to get a Son advanced to his mission in life by a higher power.
If so, COOL!  If not so, COOL!  It totally was fun along the path.

As for learning for the masses, I'll ponder it more - it needs refinement before I white paper it.  If I white paper it.
************


Hike Gear:



Laid out the tarp and the hammock.
As can be seen, it does fully cover the bed on it's proper angle.

I'm very pleased with my purchase on eBay.

Now comes the questions to self: do I desire to modify the system myself or have a professional do it?
I'm seeking a quote from a professional to add a full length zipper to the other side of the netting as HH only puts in one length.
The netting can then be pulled to the foot box and stowed in a bag that will not detach. Cost: $55

The company also has plans and experience for converting my present tarp into a full enclosed tarp for $40 each end.
4 detachable panels.  Cost: $80
And for an extra $20 will add center pole pockets so that the tarp can be lifted from inside by a custom tent pole that I'll have to have made into 18" sections to fit in my pack.

OR:

Purchase the just pole pockets to sew on myself to a Monsoon tarp.
The Monsoon tarp from HH is $109.  That is Custom to my unit and have 2qZqhammockhanger.com do the zipper work.
The link takes you to a tree table they sell that I am also considering.   I've made a RayWay Tarp and still have the plans.
I could consider doing another project "IF" the sewing machine I have will cooperate with the fabric.  I have some swatches that I can test it on before I would commit to that type of a project.
I have a few great suppliers for the treads and materials and Hammock forums cover much of anything I could ask for DIY.

By making or having a custom sleeping tarp, it would leave me with a cooking tarp then as I would keep the HH that came with my system to use for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner protection from sun and rain.  It's small enough to pack with my food and it can then retain the smells from the day's feedings.    Bear thoughts.


Other than that, Dutchware gear  has a series of clips and such that are titanium.  Yes I can learn knots and know many but cold hands some times cannot tie knots.  Slips, grips and clips work better.

Still much to consider and 4 months to figure it all out in.

Moving forward,

~ Kindle