Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Out of Drafts - Freelancing


Words. Set #97
(Power) Courageous  (Me?)

adjective

possessing or characterized by courage; brave:
(Dictionary.com)

(Force) Reckless  (Leeroy Jinnnnkins!!!)
adjective

  1. (of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.
  2. (Oxford Dictionary)

These were the first two definitions that appeared from two different sources this morning.

********

Well, I've run out of writing pre-ideas drafted.  Now I'm going back into my notes of inspiration while walking.  A lot to sort through.

Hiking Gear and DIY:

I ended up ordering a Khaki Winter Tarp Kit from Rip Stop By the Roll.   I'll still be using the services of 2qZq for sewing on an extra zipper to my HH Jungle Explorer. 


I've experience working and sewing with Silnylon & I had a good time and felt great when I made my RayWay Tarp over 10 years ago.  This is back when I used to sleep on the ground when in the wilds.
Now that I'm hanging in the air, getting a better quality of sleep in the woods, I had to adjust to a better single setup from the double width tarp setup that I once had.


I began the arduous task, stitch ripping one of my larger quilts to make an under quilt. After about 1/2 hour of 'remembering',  I figured out how to use the tool again to takeout long trails of threads from the new quilt.  Creating long, 5" tubes to move the down and polyfill to other areas as I re-construct the device for my specific and custom needs.

Completed 3 of 13 - 60" lines of thread removed.
It takes patience and time to do it right.  :)

I just heard a jingle. 
Thank you George Harrison for penning the words to "I've got my mind set on you". 

I did not even need to play the youtube to see the stuffed animals singing with him.  VH1 and MTV head fodder.

Now I need to play the Intel Jingle to clear my head of that song ..... bump, bump bumm bump!   That worked.

Other than that, waiting on shipments sent and not yet sent.
Working on my first month on the trail data using the books and spreadsheets.  It keeps changing with more information.  Seems that camping stealth is looking to be more of an option as water sources are becoming contaminated.  I trust not by malicious intent.

The A.T. has gobbled up a lot of land recently and has upset development in many areas along the trail.  That has to have upset some that hang out with others on the fringes of ill intent.  I'll be mindful going forward.

Workouts are still crunches before coffee and walking during the day.  Mainly 3.1 miles but I'm upping it now to 5 for a few.
I need to add squat work to my routine but I'm putting it off as my left knee is just a little unhappy lately.  It's still adapting to the new life.

Moving Forward.
~ Kindle