Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Body Resilient - Candidly Frank

Words. Set #79 (109 or so days) 

(Power) Liberating 
adjective
  1. freeing a place or people from enemy occupation.
    • providing a release from a situation which limits freedom of thought or behavior.

(Force) Restricting
verb
gerund or present participle: restricting
  1. put a limit on; keep under control.
    deprive (someone or something) of freedom of movement or action.

*********
... this Word countdown is kinda like a short timers chain.
(That link above is a google search.)
Here is a very short story that explains it.

This count down reminds me of a time in my life where I started counting days, weeks out to leave a situation.
This is a shit ton more reverse to all that.


I'll be leaving a FANTASTIC situation to saunter and meander in the WILD woods for 6 months.  A tougher situation.


I know that if I'm to continue on this planet of ours, I need to be able to continue on this planet, healthy and healthier.
No one can do my push ups or sit ups or stretches or walks.
No one else is placing the fork /straw/fast-food in my mouth.
All fingers point to MOI to do ALL THINGS about it.

If I am to physically help in any way, shape or form on this very steep incline and plateaus of land with many, many, many trees and rocks and debris behind this dwelling, into my 60's and beyond, I will need to learn how to become an old, skinny mountain man.
Cantankerous was my past.
Curmudgeon is not in my vocabulary ... any more.

I can think of no better way than to walk the steps of others into the Appalachians.  Go and see and venture and ache and realize the  pain it takes to walk 2195 miles plus.
Understand what it takes to place 5 million meaningful steps on an adventure to the next phase in ones life ... growing old.

If the weather co-operates, I might even be able to do a little 'bush wacking' and trail maintenance here before I depart on my trek.  That should help.  Create a 100 or 150 yard trail up the hill by raking, trimming and nipping some saplings to a level where I have a huge rock to sit on and think a bit before coming back down.  

As it is true, the only way to get in hiking shape is to hike.
I could have a 100 to 150 yard training site built and tested by the time I leave.

I know that I'm pricing out a Sherpa Pak type of setup for my journey that will serve me well when I get back here over the many Springs, Summers, Falls and Winters that I might be alive going forward.  I understand that a small bulldozer is being considered as well if the trail is deemed to be worth allowing our 4 wheeler or 4x4 truck to ascend the hill.   I choose myself to do the job.
It is not going to be easy, it's going to be worth it.  :)


This all brought me to do a mental body check of how do I feel this 28th day of December of 2019.    Not too bad.  A few kinks to work out before coffee.  I can report that snap - crackle and pop every morning are a normal.  A feel a storm on the horizon.
The spine is what it is. 
In "Flux" and straightening and strengthening while straightening.

Knee pain is gone now that I'm a few weeks into when it decided to "snap" back into place.
My shoulder injury pain from May when I toppled backwards and jammed my elbow into my ear has become almost gone.
My last visit to the chiropractor helped work my shoulder back into socket.  Since then, it's just been motion and routine that is getting the last few tendons and sinew to "twist" and "snap" back to where they belong.  I feel very little pain when performing push ups now.
Stretching and range of motion exercises .... Daily is the key.

So that brings me to my first point of this post, The Body Resilient.

As I performed my morning modified crunches before coffee, 50 was easy.  I decided to change things up a bit for the next 50.
This means, I took my heels off of the ottoman and placed my feet flat on the floor, knees bent and did 50 more crunches.

I felt that.  My abs were not ready for the change and that is good.

Now, to understand, it was just August when I could barely get on the workout mat to perform JUST 10 the first time, and now 50 to 80 have been yawning sessions and getting to 100 then 140 was no issue as of late.  That is, with my heels on the ottoman and back on the floor.

The body will get accustom to what ever we place it in and stay there.   I have to change things up every so often and right now, that seems to be every month starting January 2020.

Which book did I get that from?  Not many but a few.
The lesson of "mixing it up for the body" used to be a coach secret and for the most part still is as even I forget it from time to time.

As for coach?  I coached little league.  I coached adult slow pitch beer league softball, just as I learned from some great coaches.
I even tried my hand at umpiring.  

One game was all I needed to know that Judging was not something I desired to be a part of or do.  

No matter the call, two sides see it too. 
Being judged under that type of Crowd microscope is not where I desired to place myself.  I'm not Alpha enough to want to.

Now I coach and judge myself.

Back to the Body Resilient and being candidly frank:
We have to move and our bodies are designed to heal themselves IF allowed.  Movement is not an option, it is a daily requirement.


For our body to function correctly, all parts from time to time need to be placed into action and asked to perform, and it is all an internal process.  Mind to hair tip to toenail.

Desiring to is where Our Will comes in.
It is easy to eat an apple.
It is just as easy to not.
It is easy to swap out an apple for a Snickers bar for it satisfies you.
At least that is what the boob tube, text, ads, shelf cartons filled with bars and the bars themselves promote to say.

It is easy (now) to do 100 crunches before coffee and it is easy to not do.  Well, maybe easy for others to not do.  My mind gives me reminders "before coffee" that 5 minutes is not a long time to spend on the floor for myself, the rest of my life.   It is not easy for me to skip now and I like that about myself. :)

The abs (I'm told) can be worked everyday as they serve everyday.
Work the core sometimes hard, sometimes easy as a stretch but everyday can be handled by the abs.


Now with the New Year approaching, resolutions to diet always are on the commercials.  Seen it happen for far too many decades.
(I watch commercials with the mute on now as the volume gets louder so that you can hear the commercial in the kitchen at the fridge in between program breaks)

Why?  Cuz it's big business helping big people yo-yo.
Up and back, Down and back, Up and back, Down and back.

The solution starts from within.  Self esteem which leads to self motivation and self control and self correction. 
Self, self, self, me, me, me.


Yes, it is selfish but in my selfishness, I now can do better and more for others.  With less pain and a smile most times.


People believe that they do not matter to themselves.   

I was there once too.
I started my resolution in August because I knew back then that today would arrive and I would not be starting but continuing at this time of the year.  
Yep, figgered that all out by myself in August 2019 that January 2020 was going to arrive and all I needed to see back then was who I desired to be when it showed up.  
So far, not bad. Dad Bod is dissolving.

I can honestly say I'm not stopping what I'm doing.  I see, feel, breathe, enjoy the benefits of how I feel vs. how I felt.
I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and guess who was to blame?  Just moi.  What changed?  My daily routine.

As one mentor (T. Harv) puts it:  

(and I'm paraphrasing from memory)

If there is something out there that you desire
and
YOU cannot bring yourself to go for it
then

just sit in your pile of what you've created and point to yourself saying: "Mini-Me, Mini-Me, Mini-Me"

Everyone that goes for what they want gets ... what?
What do they get?


YOU won't know until you try.


One must become BIGGER than their problems.  Self-motivation.
AND if you cannot motivate yourself then do it for something else.
Find a mentor that can push you to new levels of thinking, breathing, living.  Mine are on tape, CD, DVD and now YouTube.

"BECOME" the one YOU NEED your future to be.  

Time travel in your mind and follow the steps that are revealed to your destination while allowing the Universe to place the next "transition gift" or "trial gift" that will build you to become what you desire to become.

The past is over.  Get over it and remember it was ALL needed to BE TODAY and NOW that YOU are HERE and IN.  
If change is needed, then change.  No gun is held to hold you.

No concern of HOW just Do. 
(Worry about HOW is just needless fear, take one step, even if it is just a "thought".  It is still a step and the most important one.)


If you are wrong you will be corrected "IF" you are paying attention. 
Not paying attention? 

Well, I'm still learning from not paying attention.  I think we all are.

Going forward:
"Thoughts become things.  Choose good ones."  ~ tut.com

It is honestly that simple.  Not always easy but simple.


If you trust in your: (Maker, Source Energy, Guardian Angel, Jesus, God, Universal Law, ) then place your request, denounce fear and walk towards your desire.  Watch the miracle(s) as they appear.
That's how I do it and I've not been disappointed by Source.
I just wish I would have seen it all earlier and worked with it better.
I do have NOW and can make a new end.

Moving forward,

~ Kindle