Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Libraries - my sanctuary

Words for today:
(Power) Challenged

adjective

  1. (used euphemistically) impaired or disabled in a specified respect.

(Force) Impeded
verb
past tense: impeded; past participle: impeded
  1. delay or prevent (someone or something) by obstructing them; hinder.


This 140 day challenge for the words has been a perfect motivator to blog each day.
I hope to retain the use of the "power" words in my writings.

If it is true, and I have no reason to discount the author, then keeping my words at a Kinesiology energy vibration of 200 or better should help me. 
I am challenged, that is for sure.
I believe I'm also solution focused.


*********

Hiking training routine:
Still 100 crunches seems to be the correct stopping point going forward.  Now I "get-to" work on the obliques.  I can do it!  :)
(If not, we ALL can tell).

I crashed my Biostrap unit the other day so it did not capture my first day of 6 miles distance.  At least it reported it and I got an email from tech support that they are looking into the crash.

Dang, I'm being traced.  lol.

This mornings 6 miles worked out fine.  As for the Treadmill, it has a new "issue".  Sometimes, it just stops.  It's a gradual slow to a stop but it stops none the less and the time clears to 00:00.

All other data remains and just starting the unit again will allow me to finish my distance, but for two days in a row, it's now a concern.
Guess I get to investigate and formulate, figure out a fix.
Might be a loose connection, might be a firmware issue, could be a component issue.  Goal, find out & fix without disabling the unit for longer than needed. 

Now I'll finally read the manual to learn all the buttons on the unit. 

:)

************


Libraries: My Sanctuary

From the earliest I can remember, the Wyoming County Mail Order Library service was a blessing to me and my siblings.

Many nights snowed in the home, sometimes by candle light, we would read to be someplace else in our minds than where we were and what we visioned around ourselves in that 1800's style farm home.

Library in Parochial school was the mail order one with my new, updated Encyclopedia Britannica.  After reading the Brit and it's 5 annual updates and corrections, Library then became the one at Attica Central.

In Grade & High School, the Library would be my sanctuary.
Bullies didn't hang out there.  If they did, they did not last long.

One person who did hang out there though was my future best friend and wife.  We were introduced in the Attica Central High School Library.
I cannot pin point the day or year but I knew the "when" we first were introduced to each other.  Her eyes still sparkle just as brightly today as that day.

Back to the trail of libraries:
My time spent reading continued in college as the bus transfer stop for my route was in front of the Erie County Public Library in Buffalo, NY.   Every day I could drop of my checked materials, go to classes, return from classes and spend my study time in the Library before going back to my small, one table lamp room.
I lived with my Uncle in his city apartment to ease my costs of schooling.  2 buses each way to school & back each day, 1 hr :45 min in time each way as well.  Library continued to be a sanctuary.
I found out quickly that I did not desire to become a Chiropractor for the family.  A few years ago, I got to relive the walk I did from College to the Bus Stop when I made my decision to quit.
I know I made the correct choice back then and I thanked my former young self, letting him know it was all good ....  fear and all.

Moving forward in my career:
I enjoyed 10 years working in a University Library as well.
It was a nice twilight transition for me.

It was there that I started reading and then accumulating Hiking information specific to the Appalachian Trail.

McConnell Library has an Appalachian Collection within their Archives.  It was a big deal when I worked there before it became it's own section and rooms of the Library.  Many of the recordings and writings helped me understand the region there much better and it includes this area I live in now.   Coal mining.
Also, Kentucky was part of Virginia before it got split up back in the early days.  1777 or so when Kentucky was a Virginia County.

I found it all fascinating.


All we learned up North in Attica was War of 1812 type of history and how the government controlled the Indian Nations.


Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, Tuscarora, Abenaki, Munsee, Mohegan, Montauk, Shinnecock, Mohican and Wappinger Are the tribes of New York State.

Mountain Life and Governments many takeovers for the betterment of all.  Homeland security.



**********
So as I listened to the opening session today of the seminar:
"The Day That Turns Your Life Around",  I'm learning to "Appreciate the Disciplines" that I practice.

It brings me to the point of "How the Magic in YOUR Life Happens".  It is the same for all of us.  I needed a reminder.

4 Steps:
* Imagine the Possibilities
* Believe that what you Imagine is Possible in YOU.
* Go to Work.  Make it REAL.
The first 3 are essential to create from nothing into something.
Now, thoughts and ideas are not actually nothing but they can be perceived as such and discarded as worthless but I say Nay, Nay!

A piece of ground can become a hotel.  Just from an Idea.
The next greatest Vaccine had to first be a thought.
A Good or Great Marriage works out from belief and ideas.
Same is true for a healthy body.
Changes.
The last piece to make the magic or miracle process complete is:
* Disciplined Activity  

Valuable daily disciplined activity. 
Each day is required to have the next 2 years arrive.
Now that the next 2 years will arrive, "where" will you be????
 
As I was reminded and I'll share:  This is a History lesson.
The last 6000 years was filled with Opportunity and Difficulty.

Future?  The next 6000 will be the same.

For things to change for me, I have to change.

I'm assured that Humans can do the most remarkable things when faced with a challenge.    I agree.

Moving Forward.

~ Kindle