Monday, November 4, 2019

Delaware Water Gap and a Wedding! Whooot!

I'm thankful that I've taken the days (weeks, months, years) it has taken to mentally read each turn on the trail from one end to the other,  twice recently and several times in the past.

I can see at least 3 to 5 more mental note trips will be just part of my pre-trail trial.
Found some type-o's and mis-hits. 
Bad and outdated false positives.
"i"s crossed where "t"s should have been dotted type of thing.

Woke up to smiles and Mister Rayyyy Monde..... Steee .... Vins songs playing in my head:



Well, when you get a haircut, you'd better go back home

When you get a haircut, get a barber you have known

Since you were a little bitty boy sittin' in a booster chair
'Cause you might look like Larry, Moe or Curly if a stranger cuts your hair

From the: I have returned album (1985) if wondering.
https://genius.com/Ray-stevens-the-haircut-song-lyrics


*********

Word
(Power) Significant

adjective
  1. 1.
    sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

(Force) Important
adjective
  1. of great significance or value; likely to have a profound effect on success, survival, or well-being.




*********


Back to Hiking:  Delaware Water Gap.

Of the 2,190 miles of trail, 28 miles are within the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. 

Automobile from there to Roanoke : 6 h 12 min
(413.3 mi) 
via I-81 S
Stumbling upon a method I'm going to use while hiking, I'll have no fixed mileage for the first 15 days.  Go as I feel.  Trial before long term commitment.  Give the body a good go for it.  Shake Down Cruise.  Then dance, dance, dance.  Like Steve Miller the rock star - Fly like and Eagle. 

I have wrestled with this start as I'm not fearful of stopping but concerned about my "Snap Crackle Pop" noise maker body.
I can ease into it for two weeks and give an honest report to my family at my daughters birthday party.  I like parties with balloons.


As the universe would have it,
(and ifs you have been reading along, the universe conspires to do us all well),  my first "Life Plans to take me Off the Trail for Significant reasons" diversion happens.
All good and Co-inci-Godly, fir sure.

It's very important.  Not like a job interview important or a 60 minutes or Colbert taping important.    Family Important.

Birthdays and Weddings, I can think of few things more important.

My nephew is committing to Holy Friendship for Life with a woman who is going to be his best friend for a long time.

I'm happy for them both and honored that I can be there to witness the event.   Yep, they have what it takes, each other.
********

It will give me also a fair assessment of my body and the effects of the trail.  Prefect timing in a 2020 year, path back to happy taxpayer adventure.


My new found method allows for me to speed up or slow down my pace from 8 or less to 12 to 15 to 18 + mile days.  On the fly, each morning and as the conditions dictate. No Stress Hiking.
I should not miss Being There.  Like Chance: I like to watch but hiking is a participation sport.


Start Trip: Walk about 2 weeks with Zero's in the woods and Near-o's in towns along the way in the beginning.

Test "My Method", my body and my support team.
All of this will be a good test.

Getting a ride by a relative from somewhere along I-81 & back might be arranged easier as long as I agree to have a shower before the ride from the trail and that will be arranged. :)

Still, there's Greyhound and Amtrak or Enterprise Auto.
So many options and those first two weeks are quite a ways away.

All is well and moving forward.

~ Kindle

Sometime the end of April or Early May - I'll be near here, the Delaware Water Gap.

Even getting a ride to Java to help Mom git to the wedding if needed and then back out on the next run to NYC.
A week or so: figured in for fudge like events too.

I'm allowable and take it as it all happens.  :)

(Chicken, Grain, Fox, Farmer, Boat .... yep, kinda like that)

Row your boat, gently ..... merrily .... dream like.  lol

Picture below is a link and is from:
https://www.nps.gov/dewa/planyourvisit/appalachian-nst.htm

map of appalachian trail in DEWA