Sunday, November 3, 2019

Fixing a hole were the rain gets in, Fire in the same hole, scorching my edges

Words for my day:
(Power) Purposeful
adjective
  1. having or showing determination or resolve.

(Force) Desirous

adjective

  1. having or characterized by desire.

*********
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in.  It stops my mind from wandering .... where it will go.
*********

Ever been on the leading edge of a fire hose?

I guess that can be taken wrong.  Not getting hit with water but being the one controlling the waters flow and direction?

Just standing in a parking lot pressure testing lines or being 'slid' into the mouth of the inferno?   I have "LIVED" to do both.
Partially because I had Zero choice.  The Team picked me as #1.
I must have pissed off a lot of guys along my travels.  Well, in boot camp, inner rank complaints get dealt with group support.

I've done my share of MY OWN push ups till I puked in both the freshly cleaned group floor of a barracks & I've done my fair share for others, in the rain, on the grinder, in a low lying area of a parking lot near a (purposely?) plugged storm drain.
I know the drenched clothing helped with the added weight but the polyesters of the day (Flame retardant) did not breathe - and pass out was normal to witness.
Don't let your ship mates drown!  Don't let your ship mates drown!


I understand the moment was to impregnate the mantra or slogan we were supposed to accept and adopt.  Honor, Code, Brainwash.

Why do I write this?  Cuz it woke me this morning and I'm doing a dream blog of sorts to sort it all out.

42 years almost to the days I left the fields to be "sheep for slaughter" in the big cities of this world.  Chicago Airport, San Diego and TJ, Great Lakes, Norfolk, London, Amsterdam, the Isle of Wight and numerous ports of call in the Med and North Atlantic.

Alleys, homes of strangers, homes of relatives - great food!
(my friends were 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant young men).

We seemed to have one thing in common on that ship, we all flunked somewhere in the schooling process of the USN at the time. Even an ex-Navy Seal who almost finished.  A Flunkie.
Not me, a friend of mine who is passed. 
The son of an Ideal Toy Research and Development Engineer.
A bored young man who so happened to have trouble find him...
Me.  lol
To my friend and shipmate Mark Geddis.  Rest in Peace.  

You were a great man and I'm better having known you.
*******
The Nav does not toss out anything until it is used up, the "minions" were the same.  A line item statistic.  Place known types together and it "CAN" work.  Be sure to keep good records and weed out the bad apple before the whole barrel gets the rot.

I say: anyone becomes the average of the 5 they hang with.

By the neck or by the seat of their pants in a squirrel suit glider.  The 5 we hang with.
We all have and do influence each other. 
I trust your 5 are building you up and not taking you down.
I'm doin what I'm sayin and following my own advice too.

~ Kindle



 ******

Fire stories ... and fearless.

I must continue to share a realization,
I just realized thru writing this out, I wanted my fathers experience.  Wow.


He was a Volunteer Fireman - I just wanted to know how it must have felt to him to put out a fire for others.

He was a Crane Operator - I got certified in all things dock related to include being in the seat of "you hold more power in your hands now than your ass can pay for".  I've had moments his eyes have experienced and we could talk for a few moments about things he was not too proud of or cared to remember.

I also got to experience the spray of salt while working on a Weapon that was going through "Rock-n-Roll" good times. 
Un-charted Chaos. A little city in it's own self. Clicks. Mafioso.

Dad spoke to me of things to be aware of ... I just could not place the skills and information he spoke of into my being until the "people of the streets" learned me some.  I did not have to pass along the info to my Son, he learned in the back alleys of his journey.  Being close to home, it was semi-monitor-able as life bit him up some.

I know I shared some of my Dad's wisdom with my Daughter.
She has done her share of push ups in a mud hole, while sick.
She also got the Poor Person's University classes ... Military.

I'm proud of them both and of the mother who bore them into this realm.


We all understand being burned, stung and chomped on by the sharks, snakes and vipers.
Nuff said. 
Dad warned me and I caught on as quick as I needed to.
Hopefully those lessons will appear in fable like stories before they are gone to folklore.

Word.