Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving - Eclipse 2024

Words.
(Power) Abundant
  1. adjective
    1. existing or available in large quantities; plentiful.

(Force) Excessive
adjective

  1. existing or available in large quantities; plentiful.


*************
Hiking and Pre-Hike:
Nat Geo Maps appeared yesterday in the mail.
I like the layout and the detail. 
They do not hold ALL the pertinent survival 
data I need but it holds all the tactical data I need to survive.

Working out the kinks in my first 700+ mile trek of the A.T.
Cost?  I saved over $100 for my data for this ENTIRE adventure.
Then again, I've spent over $100 testing data that eventually I desired to use

I've an old series of "official" A.T. maps for the region of VA that we lived in at one time.  Not much has changed there in 13 years.

I was planning a hike of the Western Section of trail that pretty much parallels I-81 in Southern VA.   Groseclose to Daleville.
I'll eventually do it but it is the reward for doing the other two sections I now have planned before I "get-to" do that section in the opposite direction than I first planned.  The twilight of my hike in 2020.


Still doing 6 miles a day and I look forward to my walk now.
Just finished my 100 crunches and did them continuous today instead of in 2 sets of 50 just to feel it differently.
My reward of Coffee, is in a mug next to me on my new desk I'm testing as well.   VIVO Desk raising frame (102ew model) with a panel of furniture wood from Loews (2' x 6') as the desk surface.  Spruce Pine.   

Since I need to move from sitting to standing often while typing, this desk top has a timer (reminder) to switch to a new position.
It also has 3 programmable levels that can be pre-set for quick change.  I like it!!!!  It works well for me.


Hike Clothes:
The new "base layer" that I now wear is taking a little to get used to as I am "chilled" more now than in the past. 
Cotton is a different kind of comfort that I've grown used to next to my skin.  I will always be a Jeans and T-shirt kind of guy.

Tethering my laptop with my iPhone for updating my blog today.
Our internet is down right now for admin purposes and upgrade.

Our network engineers doin a good GREAT  phenomenal, AWESOME job!   :)

*************

I am thankful for Dreams and the existence of my time continuum on this planet.
Question I'll ponder:
Do we live in a hostile and excessive Universe or a loving and abundant Universe? 


Still, if everything we desire to touch, smell, taste, feel, experience is all here already.   I just have to wait for it to arrive in my path.

Just like the coming USA moon eclipse in 2024.  The last one I experienced when it crossed the nation and KY was awesome.
While it happened, I was singing the verse below to myself silently: 



I mention silently because EVERYTHING (except the chanting and celebrating Druids, Pagans and Drunk Humans in the  distance at a gathering) was quiet.
Nature became eerily still.

For those moments and with those I spend those moments with, I am thankful.

Making my moments count going forward.
2 years, 5 years, 10 years is going to arrive.
Will I be aware and ready for those moments? 
Time will tell.

Moving forward,
~ Kindle