Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Hey, hey, hey - Inspiration comes from many sources

Words on this Thanksgiving Eve:

(Power) Grateful
adjective
  1. feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.

(Force) Indebted
adjective
  1. owing money.
    "heavily indebted countries"
    • owing gratitude for a service or favor.


**********
Getting into the holiday mood today.
Thankful.  

The meal time football game tomorrow is featuring my favorite team against America's Team. That rarely happens.

Gearing up to just relax for the most part.  No rushes and I can leisurely get in my walk and mat work for the day.

I trust everyone will have a great holiday of introspection.

**********

Michael Franti and Spearhead inspire me with their work.
The name link is for a YouTube but if you just would like to read the lyrics, click here:

Hey, hey, hey
No matter how life is today
There's just one thing that I got to say
I won't let another moment slip away



***********

"... truth be told, you can get what you want or you can just get old"

  ~ Billy Joel 'Vienna'

Inspiration sometimes arrives to me in lyrics.
"....I won't let another moment slip away" and "or you can just get old" hit me today from two different songs.  I am moved.

I logged the event.  Told my mind: "Thank you for Sharing" and then the treadmill stopped.  (Power outage for about 2 hour)

I was at the half way point of my saunter so it was a nice break to stretch and have lunch.  After lunch, power was on and I finished my 6 miles for today.  Sometimes, universal things happen.
I accept them all with a smile. :)

********
5 Questions for Dream Creation

I have a poster on the back of my door to my office.
It asks these five questions:

1. Does my dream give me life?
2. Does my dream align with my core values?
3. Will my dream cause me to grow?
4. Do I need help from a higher power?
5. Is there some good in my vision for others?
You want to have a strong “YES” to all of these questions.
These questions help me stay focused.

I had no clue what I was doing when I was much younger and began dreaming of things and events that came true in my life.
I just knew that if I asked, it would eventually appear.
Everything we every could want is already on this planet.
For me, I just have to wait until I cross paths with the everythings.

A few dreams (requests) that came true:

1) A White Owl landed on a telephone pole in front of my bike I was riding on my way to a Scout meeting.  Blocked the sun when it spread it's 4' wing span to land on top of the pole. 

All my request was that I wanted to witness a white owl in nature.  The White Owl on my cigar box of trinkets was the inspiration to view one. 
The True Owl arrived on my path one day thereafter.  I've not seen one since that up close and personal.  The owl remained until the rest of the troop could come back and view it too.  I have witnesses.

2) Eleanor Rigby.  After hearing the song one day as a pre-teen, I asked the question: "How can anyone be buried without anyone at the funeral service?" 
I served for several funerals as an altar boy. 
One Summer the party line rang, and the requester asked if I was available on short notice to assist in a service and my mother agreed for me. 

There was I, the Priest, the Organist, the Funeral Director and the casket.  That's it.  Empty Church.

We did the full event for the deceased then made our way to the grave site for the final sendoff before the grave was filled.
Since the cemetery was on the way home, after I did the customary duties of the job back at the church, changed out of the Cassock, got on my bike and rode home but stopped as the diggers were putting the finishing touches to the site.  I stayed a while and thought of Eleanor Rigby.   I hope I helped the ones' soul.

It was an odd memorable day as I was given my request by a higher power.  I kept this one mostly personal until now.

3) A longer term dream that came true from about that same time when I was 11, I desired to someday fix pinsetter machines.
I like bowling and it was the next logical step for my skills.
Or so I thought.

It took until I was 41 but I was then old enough and skilled enough from my dream to materialize.
I maintained 8 Brunswick GSX lanes for 1 year. 
Helping others along the way.

Dreams come true. 
I've had so many appear and I know that will continue to be the case for me. 
The Universe conspires to do me well, just like everyone else.

I just trust I'm the right person when they arrive.  
That's my goal, one day at a time.  :)

Moving Forward.
~ Kindle