Saturday, November 9, 2019

A tribute to: Love Your Legacy

Hiking news:  I was reminded of the Tahoe Rim Trail and the PCT recently.  I've still needs to get to 8 miles a day on a treadmill ... Dreams need to happen one at a time for me now. :)

It's looking like the AT Train Station, NY to the Delaware Water Gap idea is not as great an option after all.
I'll start in the South about the same time (Tax Day 2020) and walk North to the Roanoke area.  Arrive somewhere near the Wedding and then continue North after the wedding.

Self: Hey!  Nice to see you .... hear you walked into town just for the wedding. ???   
Self Response: Ah, Yep!   Walking out after too.
(the joys of self talk and entertainment).

There's a 200 mile section in Virginia that I've charted for over 7 years now.  I believe it's calling me to begin there and save some driving for later. 

Being 6 hours from that part vs. a couple of days makes logistical sense.    As for Maine back to Virginia, that will be interesting.  HYOY. :)

*******
Word
(Power) Detached
adjective
  1. separate or disconnected.

(Force) Removed
verb
past tense: removed; past participle: removed
  1. 1.
    take (something) away or off from the position occupied.


*******
Beautiful closure:  Thank you Rena.
Love Your Legacy

I'm finding blog pages that end. 
Chapters that have closed in my life.
People who deserve to be out of the lime light
or off the merry-go-round.  They "HAVE TO" let it go. 
While all an all, they "Get To" move on and forward.

My friend Rena did a very nice job in her final blog.
I was moved.
Knowing her only by group dinners, Body-for-life weekends, bowling three games in Knoxville TN, in friendly, family teams of 5 ... I can tell, it was from her heart. 
I learned to lighten up my competitive edge when having family fun time.  In all honesty, lighten up in any family time would be a start and I fully know that.

I have many reasons to continue doing what I do.
Detaching from some things and removing myself from others.


Music note: 
Singing and Git Fiddling are calling me.
Harmonica or Jew's Harp might be part of the tools I carry as well.

I'll be playing again to limber up the finger joints soon.
  

Just being the Odd American Dad.   Dodd.

*******

As for my Learjet experiences and future dream: Plane Rental

https://businessaircraft.bombardier.com/en/aircraft

They serviced a corporation or two that I was a part of at one time in life.  Other peoples corporations.
Only I can choose how much wealth is too much wealth and no one had to give me permission on how wealthy I can become. 
Same is true for all of us.
Rules will appear or stay the same when I finish my hike.
I desire to grow into the person I need to be to read and follow rules for my life's journey after.  

I trust everyone is doing that, following rules and playing within the guidelines along the way.  Expressing joy within the grey areas and loopholes that are always built in.

So for me, what is my Legacy?
Hopefully one that finishes in peaceful triumph.

Emerson writes: "Nothing can bring you peace but yourself."

and Author Unknown pens these words:



"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather skid in broadside, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn-out and loudly proclaiming.

WOW!  WHAT A RIDE!


I'll try to keep it between those two guardrails.
Peace and WOW!
Moving Forward.
~ Kindle