Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Tarps Maiden Flight ... Mini Map # 8

Words.   Set # 47 counting down.

(Power)   Helpful

adjective
  1. giving or ready to give help.  Useful

(Force)   Meddling
noun
  1. intrusive or unwarranted interference.

*******

The Tarp's Maiden Flight:

The tarp with tension .... the busted ridge line clips as a result.
 
After a slight adjustment, they are ready to service the door Bungee Cords.

Doors should accept Velcro nicely on both ends. 

Center Pole was 1.5" too long as can be seen in the bend.  It was corrected and offered me a great time figuring out a good way to get it from one side to the other without poking my taught tarp ... Fail #2 ... I poked a pin hole in the top .... errrrrrrrr ...... Just a place I was concerned would receive a bit more abuse.

Another re-design is needed for my choice of 3/16 fiberglass poles
(which could double as a fly fishing rod .... hmmm ... multiple purposes for each device)








Since the Clips were Fail #1, I'm now just toying with how I desire the center ridge line under the tarp and how it will serve to align the center pole.
the sleeve idea needs some work at that joint as well ... a work in progress.

*************
And I've begun work on the ridge line for the hammock as well.
Getting ready to make quilts to test outside as the weather is perfect.  
30's, 40's and 50's with rain, snow and wind.


Fully open and fully enclosed (minus Ridge Line)


1/2 open and screen stuffed in the end pouch for it.
I like the setup.  Good thing ... it will be home for a while.

 *****************

Mini Map #8 - the only one I needed a good copy of for my mail drops ... it "Jogged" a memory.   I like that. :)




It was in this section of Virginia that we (Penny Grateful and I) experienced a God given mission for us.  We've had many along our life on this planet .... those moments when we are known to be in the correct place for the correct time to intercede with others on this planet that need help.

You got a moment?  

On better thought, I'll write it out tonight and give it tomorrows time slot.
It was 3 days of hiking from Dragons Tooth Parking lot, past McAfee Knob and on to Daleville, VA (Route 220).
over 30 miles I believe.  Our first shake down as a couple.

Much adventure and magic happened. 
Opportunity mixed with difficulty.

More on that tomorrow.
I'm celebrating tonight!
2 fails today!  Whoo HOO!
Keep moving forward!

~ Kindle