Thursday, January 23, 2020

Music ..... 2 down, 4 to go

Words.  Set #53
(I'm thankful for my word clock to keep me engaged)


(Power)  Carefree

adjective
  1. free from anxiety or responsibility.

(Force)  Frivolous
adjective
  1. not having any serious purpose or value.


*********

Hiking:  Going thru my phone charging options.
I have:
1)  a 3 charge Battery Power Bank (22400 mAh /82.8 Wh)
2)  a Solar Charger with a 7200 mAh battery as well.
3)  a Jeep hand crank for Samsung Phones (to charge a battery)


These should serve me well.



**********
R.I.P. Terry Jones.
A talent is immortalized.
"Always look on the bright side of life ..."
~ Eric Idle
**********
Just heard about Terry J It feels strange that a man of so many talents and such endless enthusiasm, should have faded so gently away... Of his many achievements, for me the greatest gift he gave us all was his direction of 'Life of Brian'. Perfection Two down, four to go

*************

Continuing with Power vs. Force.
Paraphrasing ...
"Vibrations of 200 or better to make a new healthier life appear."

My 9 months to a year Test:
I will need to put the book to the test while on my hike.
I know there will be "Trail Magic" but I'm going for a brass ring just a little further out of reach than the standard Merry-Go-Round type of prize.

I have some ideas now.   
I needed the TV "Jog" to get me back on track.
Hearing the words, phrases while witnessing the "events" and named places of my youth has "jogged" a place in my mind.

**********
Rambling on ......
You see, when I was a Kid there were 3 channels and PBS in it's infancy.
6 to 9 channels if you count the Canadian Stations within range of our rotating 150 Mile Roof Top Antenna.   
The wind blows the signal down from the North, don't cha know.  :)

"Cloud Skip" was a term that I was unfamiliar with but I know we took advantage of being so close to the border.  Some days we had more channels and some days we did not.  Not as bad as Jeff Foxworthy talks about in his "The President's on ALL THREE CHANNELS ... we're gonna miss Flipper!" routine.

None the less, some of my friends and family had Short Wave and Long Wave Radios .... I was not interested in Radio Waves back then.  That was for the other geeks.  I liked being outside and not confined to a closet or bedroom with headphones on listening for signals.

But I did live a day of oddness off the South Carolina Coast.
I was working Scullery Duty at the time on the USS Boulder.  

In the Navy:
The cooks owned the new recruits for a spell while we first got our Sea Legs.
Owned is, they had control of our schedules no matter what our vocation was for 6 months.  It was my first Mediterranean Cruise and we had just picked up a full load of Marines and their gear for some beach fun on the other side of the globe.
The ship was heading South to get better seas going across the pond.


Anyway, I was working a normal Saturday Lunch at sea, off the coast of South Carolina ... on the ships speakers that were playing music was a commercial break for an auto dealership in WNY.
Talking later that day with my friend in the Radio Room, I found out that WKBW was a strong signal that day due to cloud skip.

It was a nice break from the Scullery as I could, at least a little while, be home by the MUSIC that was playing. 
The exact station I used to listen to for hours and hours as a kid.

In reality, I was elbows deep in muck and food waste that was not consumed by the person(s) aboard that day. 
It was like a lot of days.  

Filling trash cans of waste food that would be tossed to the fish later "IF" we were over 50 miles away from the shore.

You also get to meet the crew face to face many of the moments.
Some times, a smart ass would toss his entire tray at me in disgust with the food but I was not the one preparing it ... just tossing it to the fish and getting the things ready for the next person to fill and toss too.

I was put in charge of the Scullery as it was noticed that I paid attention to detail.  Detail work was essential if no one was to get sick on board due to my negligence in the detailed cleaning of the room, the cleaning machine and then all the utensils for eating.  


I even fixed the disposal ... it was my "first" real job as an electrician.  Not sure if anyone else wanted to work on it.
Since it benefited me to have it working (and not throw as much over the side in garbage bags), I took the time to remove it and repair it ... after normal hours "with" and it best be fixed by breakfast kind of pressure.

It was still replaced in overhaul but for the time being, a set of bearings and home made gaskets, made my job easier until it could be swapped out properly.
Self motivation or a world of not good it I couldn't fix it.
Worst case .... it could become a drain again, with a non working disposal as it was.

I caught some schitt for not getting permission to work on it;
I learned about "proper" tag out.
I learned how to involve
 the shop to get me parts to repair it;
I learned where the gasket material was stowed on the ship;
I learned how to fix it's leak due to the home made gaskets and having the Chef's boss chew me out for causing a leak in a area that I was responsible to clean 3 times a day anyway ... no logic for that ass chewing, but in the end, I fixed it and made a few acquaintances along the way.  

I quickly learned how NOT to work the Chain Of Command.

Weird things, memories. 

I could almost feel the salt spray from the bow ... watching dolphins lead the ship ... flying fish using the bows wake as a launching pad ... neat schitt to remember and feel.

**********
A long way to get to:Music and it's effects on .... Kinesiology
noun


  1. the study of the mechanics of body movements.

I am thankful for the memories that get triggered by songs.

********

Today's Date  20200123  or  01232020 ???
0-1-2-3

I use the first format for my files so that they always line up by date by name.  

Every Chart Tells A Story.
Staring intently at the GBPUSD for two days now. 
Bulls and Bears battling it out for dominion that never happens.
The market just swings from Hi to Lo and Lo to Hi.
Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly to ????
(Until the World changes it)

Watching it like a machine that has a Ghost Problem.
(From the 8 AM London time opening to the NYC 5 PM closing.)
Looking to flow with the Daily Hi/Lo traffic. 
"Cable Pair" {GBPUSD}
Forums say: STAY AWAY, SHE'S TOO VOLATILE!!!       :)


Ghost Troubleshooting an odd problem:
One that comes and goes and leaves little traces that it was even there ... type of troubleshooting.

From this intense study:  
I have a VERY (potentially) Profitable system.  lol.
I was told by a friend to just write a book and sell it with the IDEA that it is profitable and become rich like a lot of the others. 

I will decide later if there is to be a book ... for who knows.  
Too early to tell.
I have NEH Sayers.  
They keep me humble and on task to prove myself correct.
I like what I see and have ... the edges with great levels to grab profits in the middle space between the Hi/Lo edges.  
I'm comfortable in the most volatile market walking on it's edges ... Peaceful like.

0-1-2-3  Like today.
Row, row, row my boat.  Gently with the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily - this is my retirement dream!  :)

~ Kindle