Friday, January 10, 2020

Family First - Trash is Trash

Words.  Set #66 counting down

(Power) Candid

adjective
  1. 1.
    truthful and straightforward; frank.

(Force) Calculating
adjective
  1. acting in a scheming and ruthlessly determined way.


***********
Yesterday was filled with shoring up a falling in shed,
shoring up a decapitated fence line with "live" Angus Beef arriving to go back through "their" short cut to the herd. 
#17 and #77 are fence leapers.
And picking up trash like you would on a Scouting volunteer day at some vacant lot in the city or a creek bed filled with trash.

Trash is trash.  Bags and bags and bags.  Tires upon tires along the overgrown fence line because it seems this "short cut" has been broken through many a times.

A full Ranger pick up bed and a trailer filled with metal yesterday and we have at least a truck bed of more metal to pick up today.
15 to 30 bags of trash too.   Yard Cardio and Ben Dover routine again today.  I feel ok and cranked out my 100 crunches before coffee and Colbert, but I know my wife and daughter are going to be very sore.
**********
Trading: it's NFP day (Non-Farm Payroll).
The computers go nuts at precisely 08:30 AM EST "guessing" which way the market will spike.
I believe I'm going to go take care of family first and next month I'll see how this past month reacted and build a routine to follow going forward on these first business Friday's of the month.
Fun Times.
************
Candid. 
That is what my supervisory methods were.  No BS.  Frank.

In the military life, there is no time for messing around.
Split second, life/death/destruction/salvation, decisions happen often.  It is part of the readiness and actual of the job.  The job.

Most of all I knew in the service were there because of circumstance and poverty. 
Some were drift overs from Viet Nam (mostly the superiors with time) and many of us starting out were of mixed mishappedness called life. 

Finding our way I've heard it called. 
The college age years except with our asses on the line and knowing full well that our body and our body experience were all under the control of someone else and their conscious Split Second (Life/Death ...) decisions. 
Nothing comparatively like working for a corporation with OSHA & Unions overlooking them.


Committing to one's ideals in the service could be difficult at times.

So yes, adapting to civilian life was interesting after the military.
Some employers liked the military candidates and others did not.
Reasons? 
Who knows but my experience between the two are mine.
I only have how I was treated as an employee.

My Method: Rise to the top quickly to find out if the vocation I was in was going to be one I would desire to say with.  1 to 5 years.
Many jobs along the way were vital to my "work" survival skills but all in all, the collective has made the difference.

Growth in many industries was happening quickly so I had choices, IF I could prove by skills and knowledge. 
All interviews for jobs were long and I had to travel to them.
All jobs required skills tests in written form.  Some in performance.
Longest interview was for the Kingston Power Plant in TN.
Phone interview, 2 tests taken at a University Lecture Hall, Face to Face with 6 members of the Ownership and 6 members of the Union.   From hundreds, whittled down to 5 with 4 positions to fill.
I was the odd man out although my skills were right in there to get the position.  My age was the issue 14 years ago. 
It was easy for me to compare as I was sitting and chatting with the other candidates on break.

*********
I have very good methods to help those struggling at work because of life overflowing into it there. 
Crews working with each other and making the collective better. 
I have a son that has mastered that technique as well.
The personal ownership at work that is needed to succeed as a collective.  The personal growth of all that are learning to train their replacements so that they can advance into their better life next step.   These practices are a lost art in individuals stuck in their ruts.

The only difference between a rut and a grave I am told is 6 feet.
Ruts should be filled and moving forward a requirement on day 1.

I will not treat employees the ways I was treated.
That is, if life would have me interact with peers and subordinates again in my future.

Moving forward,
~ Kindle