Saturday, January 25, 2020

Center Pole Thoughts ... "AH-HA"

Words Set # 51(Power)   Honest
adjective
  1. free of deceit and untruthfulness; sincere.

(Force)   Legal
adjective

  1. 1.
    of, based on, or concerned with the law.


If I understand the Impeachment correctly, I'm being lead to understand that doing something that is honestly unlawful is not against the law.


**********

Happy Chinese New Year!  The Lunar Year has begun.

Hiking forward: 

Went to our National Bank and added an account just for Hiking.
The attendant was interested in the story as to why and how we can work this out to keep things separate and safe.
My support team is on the account as well in case I need representation at a bank while I am in the woods.

Since the bank is tied to Wal*Mart, it will make finding a branch a little easier as I do not have a car when walking.
The attendant also printed up a list of ALL the branches in Wal*Mart.  I'll be adding all of the pertinent ones to my trail data.
ATM's don't cost if I get cash there and most likely, my other supplies.
Lost cards can be made on the spot too.

************
The pictures show:
1) my tips for the doors are only one roll of a seam off at the ends.
(D-rings are one D-ring size difference at the ends).

2) The Velcro needed to be "sized" from 1" to 1/2" as 1/2 could not be purchased where we went looking.  I had to cut it all and did.


3) The pole pockets and extra D rings that I'm going to sew in places I believe I might need them in an emergency.

4) The pole pockets with a test aluminum pole and how it is layed out on my desk with my coffee after crunches.


5) The pole(s) I'm going to use in my attempt.

I'm presently wrestling with my tarp and doing me best to figure out the curve for the center pole.  
Right now I'm reworking the center point as I was off with my "first" measurement.  I need to get back to: Measure twice, sew once.
Me and the seam ripper have a 1/2 day date with the tarp this morning ...  :(

It will all be "correct" when I am complete.

The poles can be replaced by: 
Amazon, Ebay or direct from Harbor Freight. (links at the bottom)
  
Replacements can appear on the trail and they are a comfort feature, not a necessity.
Goal is to carry as many as I will need to to a X from corner to corner, that way the tarp can be free standing on a tent platform if needed in the White Mountains.
Other wise, when I'm hanging, only one pole will be needed in the center (which is off center right now and will be fixed ... today).

Hmmmmm ....

Glad there is boring TV to listen to while I rip.
************
Fake news and the markets:
I watched 4 scheduled news events move the GBPUSD like the wave of a conductors baton.   1-2-3-4.  The events were all placed about 15 min from each other and all happened just before I woke up Friday Morning (late) and missed the party.  They still took my admission price but I missed the event.  It was what I spent the entire day before waiting to happen ...  I'm bummed because of my ignorance and slothful morning yesterday, but I'm pleased that I understood what the market wanted, level by level ... quick cash before the move ... Mine and others ... I'm closer to having what I desire.  :)


*********

$12.98
Harbor Freight 11'
$7.99 (Can be mailed)

Harbor Freight 33'
$9.49  (In store purchase only)


Links are for my future.
If I make this work out and who knows, it could be a win.
It also could be an epic fail in the woods.  

They are only 3/16" fiberglass poles.
Time will tell.  Enjoy your day, I'll do the same.

~ Kindle