Monday, January 6, 2020

FOOD! - Slinging and doing the Hulu for football

Words. Set #70 counting Down.  100 days till hike start.
(Power) Holistic

adjective
  1. PHILOSOPHY
    characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
    • MEDICINE
      characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.

(Force) Analytic
adjective
  1. another term for analytical.
    • LOGIC
      true by virtue of the meaning of the words or concepts used to express it, so that its denial would be a self-contradiction.
    • LINGUISTICS
      (of a language) tending not to alter the form of its words and to use word order rather than inflection or agglutination to express grammatical structure.

********
Today's words came with a second helping each so I decided to post it all.

********
(Saturday to Sunday)
Universe comes thru for us.

Seems I should not have been able to watch the Bills game the other day on ABC.

Hulu + (Plus) is a mis-nomer.

Long Story:
Our Antenna has been on again/off again for a bit lately.
It is a Chinese product that acts exactly like the other two cheaper versions of TV Digital Antenna's that I've tried to use to get Foot ball here on this mountain side.

Difference, this newest 150 mile range one comes and goes. 
The other two just died.  No second life was ever found in either.

This one is different.  It's back again and my TV is protected.
It is still working and clearer than ever.  I'm good with it.

"Reach into the back of your TV set and FEEL the POWER!" 
~ Robin Williams  :)


So, we've been playing around with streaming through Phone signal WiFi.
This Roku we own works great with CBS All Access, YouTube, Ted and Hallmark.

Adding Sling afforded me NFL Network for this last month of the Season.  That was the cost of admission to the last game of the season on a Saturday.

The ABC game was the tough one this time.  It too on a Saturday.
Too cold outside to mess with the antenna, I set up Hulu to watch live TV like I do on my CBS All Access in North Java, NY. :)
Hulu Free, to Hulu Pay, to Hulu + in one afternoon and still no Live ABC cuz it thinks I'm in Myrtle Beach.
At least the ABC app "FINALLY" believed I was in KY and had a wonky Hulu + account and I was able to watch the entire game.
All the way to the end when the Buffalo Bills leave with sad faces in a good Over Time Playoff Game.  They tried.


Today, I tried to do the same for both Fox and NBC to watch football - Neither worked.

Long Story short complete:
I cannot use Hulu or Hulu + due to the type of internet we have.

The Tech on the phone had me use IP Chicken to find the issue .... AT&T Mobile.

Probably Myrtle Beach. lol

Out of Universal care, I watched the Bills loose and got my $64.97 back which was my cost of admission to the game.  Hulu + even apologized for my inconvenience.  A Win Win with the Loss.

Now my antenna is working. 
Sunny day out and I used a ratchet drill to act as it's winch motor to make things easier. 
(Thanks Sonn!).

I have local ABC, CBS, NBC, KET, ION and others now in Clear HD.
I have Colbert on CBS All Access.
Due to a glitch with re-logging in, I lost my connection with Live Buffalo WIVB Channel 4    :(   Bummer.

Penny Grateful has Hallmark with it's place in our lives.
All Secure in Sector 7.  :)

On to watch the games today.  NFC - Go Sea Hawks! 
(and they WON!)  Whooop!



*******
FOOD for hiking is starting to pile up one portion at a time.
I've been having great discussions with Penny Grateful about the things I desire to eat while sauntering from NY to VA.
That is all I can concern myself with is the very first 2 to 3 months on the trail.  Apparently I'm starting in a section on the Appalachian Trail where many before me had an issue with good food re-supply.

My time capsule collection of food recipes for ultralight hiking has expanded to then collapse to being a bunch of the same stuff just individualized into data for different books.
All goes back to how things were in the Wagon Trail Days it seems.
(Oregon Trail .... a bear eats all your provisions .... you all die.)

Well, Penny's diet started today and I get to roam the kitchen and create my hiking meals.
Since I'm beginning a workout at the same time, this is a good test to see if I "BONK" or not.

Rice, pancake mix, soups, noodles, spices, dried fruit & veggies;
Tonic Alchemy, Metamucil and Water.  (Surprisingly Palatable)

Veggie Burgers, Chili with Cornbread, Pizza and Birthday Cakes:
a lot of choices and tests.


********
Workout Day 1 Week 1
Just gonna go with the "Starter" workout program for a week or so to get my body and mind used to using the Total Gym again.
I'm not ready to be doing the Chuck Norris moves quite yet. lol

I've mapped out a 13 week plan which will then leave me with 1 (one) week to gather my life together and carry it all with me on my back.

Keeping with the Body for Life structure, I'll be using the Total Gym workouts built into their card deck on the machine.
Color coded cards that allow me to structure a quick daily workout for strength, endurance and balance.

I like it when the work is mostly done for me already.

Last but most certainly not least ... A got "a Round Tuit" again.
Finished a major portion of programming for my FX trading indicator moving forward to it's A.I. for the A.T. debut.
If "I" desire to receive AWS text updates when my account changes, "I" have to keep making it make sense to have it appear.
Two more "tweaks" needed and I can change it's name to Auto. :)

PACZ.ninja powered by AWS.  I like the sounds of that.  :)
Moving forward,
~ Kindle