Thursday, February 13, 2020

The "Out of Phase" .... that is In Phase actually

Words.  Set # 32
(Power) Inviting

adjective
  1. offering the promise of an attractive or enjoyable experience.

(Force) Urging

verb
gerund or present participle: urging

*******
Ball of Lightning ... not from the sky but man made from 3 phase, 480 VAC, 60.0 Hz, 750 KW generator #2 of none in parallel ......

My supervisor rebuilt a "Generator MAIN" breaker when we were out at sea and I got to test it with my Sr. Chief ... good times ... no guards in place as we were investigating the strange hmmmmmm ... coming from the tie of a wildcat and a beast .... a ball of lighting formed in the center of the 3 phases ... floated and then rapidly (quicker than light it seemed) lol ... hit the painted steel wall directly behind the heads of both me and the Sr. ... passing directly between our heads at the level of our eyes ... 


--Millions of thoughts happen in that moment ... jus so ya know--

... not to say the crackle that sounded as the orb "absorbed" itself into the wall thru the layers and years of paint in MAIN CONTROL was enough to make anyone's sphincter squeeze a little tighter than it ever was before.

I can't blame the egg of lightning ... it was just trying to get back into the belly of the mother (Generator) that was on the other side of the wall there ... two jackasses and a painted wall were the only thing in it's way ... at least I got kissed by it as it "showed" itself to both the Sr. Chief and his silly little Sparky that knew the whole system ... boy was I naive and protected by something bigger than me ... once again, a reoccuring theme in my life.


I knew "the system" well enough to really create a puzzle for the superiors ... I, and a few others, would from time - to - time ... change a setting that goes unnoticed by the trained eye.

60 Hz, (not 59.8 or 59.9 or then 60.1 or 60.2 Hz as that will set a naval ship "way" off course in the middle somewhere) .... but somehow I forgot how I know that .... 1/t ... t="x" and x= only how long I know it took one time ... :)

Lets say ... in the infancy of GPS location ... our fine Naval Officers ALL got a lesson in using the stars for navigation.
A honest to God real lesson with old tools in a locked cabinet.

The Caribbean and Bermuda Triangle provide perfect back drops and real ocean training grounds for young officers that found out that the crew run the ship more than they do .... somewhat.

I worked for a great CO who knew his crew and how to get the best out of them ... in all types of conditions you can only think up and enact in secret ..... this way, his college officers at sea learned how a Sextant worked on a "clear" sky evening .... not because it was a lab .... because the crew had no clue where they were after the GYRO that kept a location fixed .... if ... it remained at 60.0 Hz and not 59.8 Hz for several ... on and off days .... and 4 hr shifts ... quietly ... over time .... until one day in the middle of the Atlantic .... they fail to meet with the rest of the fleet for a group float .... Hmmmm ... really tests the men that wear gold when lost at sea.

Good thing there were no storms and clear skies at night.

Damn Sparkys! .... they seem to control EVERYTHING!   hee hee.
Testy the tester made the talk of the town and could not say a word.
But the few days till the ship caught up with the group via navigating at night for corrections and maintaining morse code -coded location drills in some manual to "find them" in the middle somewhere made the scuttlebutt from all departments a joy to listen to as the puzzle was never solved .... only theorized ... by a great man ... a C.O. that for some reason thought I might know something about something that a guy might have said in confidence ... damn, busted but with a smile and a wink from a great man.  Captain Mike ... thanks for being my Dad at Sea. :)


*********

Watching the markets now as an emotional controlled roller coaster with "BLIPS" of orders that happen from time to time .... has made phase shifts understandable ... to me the observer.
on a fixed time scale that is predictable ... and a vortex of it's invisible wake from it's motion to the ocean ... like one can think of affecting with their own hands if stoned and in control of a ships Starboard Rudder ...  damn I had good weed in the late 70's ... and the USN to give me control of one half of the steering mechanism in leap-frog drills in the Atlantic ... like the day my daughter was born.

It leaves a trail ... one that can be seen from the sky by military satellite for sure ... that's easy to see the green phosphorus trail that every ship has following it as it touches the water with trons and exchanges of trons between each it's metal and the salt water with zinc plates to keep the metal from fully dissolving back into the earth it's same .... eventually.

Tom Hank's character in the Apollo movie talks about following the ships green tail to find the landing strip .... a landing strip of lights that I also was required to learn when that ships shop landed in my control to see it's counsel of control in the pilot house be sure that EVERY system within the systems of lights that need to guide our fearless pilots home in what ever condition their plane may be in.

Responsibility I once held and made sure it was completed before a war vessel was allowed to leave for war ... I can understand why I blew up ... not being able to share anything about the LATEST ADVANCES in electronic technology and control to anyone ... neat schitt for sure.

Elevators of every kind to included conveyors, High Speed LONG escalators and 400 Hz Helo Starters (13 of them - which is the class I "aced" while being bombed on Chivas Regal and Tribunal Interrogated as to HOW THE FUCK I pulled that one off - #2 on USN record with the taste and smell still on my breath) were cool schitt too.  

All equipment being rebuilt to newer standards and code ... Federal, Nuclear, Building Codes that are now past and on wikipedia I guess by now.  I don't care to look as I know others look to see who's looking ..... don't ask me how I know .... educated guess.

******
Hike:
I was taught how to make a dollar bill smile or frown just by 3 folds in George's Face.
I should always be able to find a smile on the trail ... and then share one back to hopefully see it arrive back at me from whomever I see along the way.

I'm getting back in phase with my life .... 9 phases in parallel right now are trading the markets and making waves of 3, 5, 7, 9 or more sometimes in a Gravy Train Run! .... it can be done if one is a master and you have a belief.  Like the ripple of a still pond when a rock is placed in it ... to be absorbed ... and then leaves a lingering trace that "something" happened ... follow the fibbing ripple America.

Wow, what an coincidence .... I'm a number 9 .... or not.  :)

~ Kindle