Thursday, February 6, 2020

So don't cha know .... I got stuck on concepts today

Words.  Set # 39 going to Zero then infinity and beyond!

(Power)  Outgoing

adjective
  1. 1.
    friendly and socially confident.


(Force)  Reserved
adjective
  1. 1.
    slow to reveal emotion or opinions.


***********

Concepts:
Here is how I got to here recently .... a concept.


In August I knew that New Years Day was going to arrive.
Happens every year ... who I would be when it did was the difference ... I wanted change. 
Change came thru me so it must have wanted it just as bad.
Along that path called change, I adapted the idea that I can walk the entire length of the Appalachian Trail this time and not the width.
Change in thought, action and deed.

That is why my wife enjoys her given trail name

 "Penny Grateful" ... she accepts change.  Freely and often.  lol

21 days ... a habit is birthed. 
Little things done differently daily I presume, as it always has been.

30 days ... a habit is anchored. 
Little things done daily for as long as we desire or believe to continue .... 
Denis E. Waitley, Olympic Athletes and NASA proved it.


OR


We are made aware of (by natural feedback and feedback mechanisms we have all around us every moment of everyday and CAN recall if we work at it) .... that we are doing .... doing what?  


Something very simple:  GOD like simple.

 Right or Wrong? .... and we maintain or know we should change course ... turn a ship around ... slowly ... steps ... like the swing of a market in a global, unstable economy.  So Turtle like.
Base hits win games .... small steps, continued daily kinda thinking.

It was August.  2019.
I once again was sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Lower back was locked up as I could barely go up or down a flight of stairs, and I was beginning another round of being awoke in the morning with very sharp pain in my neck.

Using Pavlov's Law
Pavlov found that for associations to be made, the two stimuli had to be presented close together in time (such as a bell). He called this the law of temporal contiguity. If the time between the conditioned stimulus (bell) and unconditioned stimulus (food) is too great, then learning will not occur.
Pavlov Conditioning : learned it in grade school as it was in the encyclopedia set I was required to read .... a step up from Kindergarten which taught me all the other things I needed to know about taking naps ... to not be cranky and sharing everything in the room with others.


We can all get along and play nicely before going home and being jacked up on Kool-aid and playing with J
arts
Children's early, Human Darwin Award winner for adults.
WE all want to hit the target until that gets boring.
Temporal Contiguity.

Lol.

Back to the LAW:
Using it to my advantage .... (because it is built into us by nature) ...   I would only reward myself a cup of coffee in the morning IF's I performed a trick.   My mind does not care that I'm playing with it .... it just performs, naturally.  Effortlessly ... natural conditioning.

50 sit-ups every day the rest of my life.

Now the term "The Rest Of My Life" stuck out that FIRST morning when I could barely get to the floor without abrupt gravity assistance called gracefully falling, let alone get off the floor when I completed my first 10 stomach crunches (as sit ups do not support a spine that is questionable to start).

The coffee was the treat or reward for "participating" that morning.
Since I loath participation awards, I would not settle the next day with only 10 complete, I'm going for 50, with breaks if necessary, but 50 will be complete before the next cup of coffee parted my lips in my future life. 

A concept that has worked wonderfully so far.

I write this as I sip my morning joe ... satisfied that my 100 continuous stomach crunches with yoga stretches cobra and what ever the one is called where you lie face into the mat with your arms out stretched and your butt on your heels.


It took me a while to not feel like I was suffocating ... as the blubber on my belly crushed my lungs and diaphragm.
I was easing into a life of breathing naturally and calmly under duress.   Calming the mind ... easing into the fear ... and blessed.

I call it prayer because that is accepted. 
Connection with Source ... Mind to Spirit to Spirit ... Intercession ...
Thankful and Grateful Time, now each day .... Blessed Moments.

Continuing then:
The 20 modified push ups that I will be also doing THE REST OF MY LIFE are with the hands completely on the mat at it's edge.
Pinky's touching the edges.

Then 20 modified with the hands outside the mat but the thumbs touching the outside edge of the yoga mat.

Then 20 with a wider yet positioning at our window which looks out to the bird feeder 4 feet away and my coffee 2 feet away on the counter, which is brewing as I do the final 20 for deep chest and upper back muscles in and thru my weakened shoulders and soft tissue areas of my frail neck.  I took a break for a week ... no more breaks except the ones during the week that are planned.

A concept of self reward for favorable actions towards its being and shell that gets it around on this spinning orb in a universe that is continually expanding .... I should expand too ... but spiritually, humanly and not "just" obese. 
Someday, I'll be able to do planks ... thankfully.

Here's the rub ... we all have it built into us. 
Some use it for others to do what they want .... like the book 1984,
And some use it help "flip" lives ..... like 2020 ... maybe by US for US.

Then, some use it for self motivation ... like me whose BRAIN is an organ ... like a liver, kidney or heart, and "should" work FOR it's owner and not against it. 
I am not my mind ... it should work for me ... and it always has.

Others follow idiots that make sense ... especially when offered a "shiny nugget" of comparison to "attain" or "strive" to become ... by belief.


Others just follow to be part of something bigger than themselves.
Tribes and tribal thinking ... Wolf tribe?  Indian Tribe?  Which?

I like the Red Tailed Hawk Tribe. 
In harmony with all ... from a distance.


Neanderthal, Primate or Homo Sapien?  which one talked with the snake in the garden that day by the tree of knowledge? ..... I think they got it wrong ... I'm not battling that one ... I'll just listen to what Jesus said that is the same thing that Lao Tzu said that Buddha uttered that Krishna must have been listening to in a Bar ... as they all say the similar things at different times of recorded history.

Where was that Library?  

They found it from Source which continues to write thru humans and talk sense thru Jack Asses.  Spirit to Spirit.


*********

Seems I'm not the only "Boomer" seeing the change.
Cultural Evolutionary Hurdle ... Just caught the phrase on Colbert.

I grew up in the midst of many of them.  Social Injustice.
Crap on the Earth things too.


So I'm going to walk this earth and crap on it, bury the "stuff" and burn the paperwork that is essential unless I want to divert to polished stones from the last water source called a creek to finish the job .... OR "crick" where I grew up.

Where ya goin?  

I'm goin down to the crick to flip rocks and catch some crawdads.
Childhood memories .... I'll never starve in the woods if there is a crick, there are Lobster morsels.  Boiled in a tin can over a fire. yum!  :)

So seen on Colbert, this man, John wrote a Broadway in Chicago Show entitled Latin History for Morons.


I'll have to wait for the movie like Hamilton.



*******

And humorous note yesterday ... at least to me ...
I was in the middle of push up #5 of 60 and my beautiful wife arrives in the room where I am focused on #5 .... being anywhere else in my thoughts at that moment can cause injury ....

So, she enters the room to ask a normal question of hers on a daily basis: "Do you need to do your hair yet this morning?"

This is a normal question on a normal day for us as our towels used from the previous day's shower in the evening is washed the next day ... after we wet our hair in the morning, dry with yesterdays towel, comb and inspect the image in the mirror ... and then wash the towel in the HE washer, to be fresh for it's next cycle of use.

It's a bacteria concern as two days breeds way too many bad bacteria on a towel for our liking .... anyway .... she asks the question "Are you going to do your hair today?" and then looks down at me in push up position #5 and starts laughing ....  I realize "why" she is laughing and it is now very difficult to maintain focus thru all the other numbers to the first 20 completed.  Saul Good.

She was there when she shaved my head to 1/8" the other day.
I'm testing my hats and the weather before I get to the trail with a clear scalp.   Her laugh is infectious and I love that about her.

The push ups were a great challenge with a smile.
I'll take that all the way to the personal bank vault ... mine. :)

The next 15 years are going to arrive ... "who do I choose to be when it does?"  is the better question.


I'm finding out each day ... by day ... little steps until Journeys are achieved to create new journeys ... Hobbit like.


Moving Forward.
~ Kindle