Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Waking up, feeling a little bit different.... same pain, different 'tude.

It was pleasant waking up to a gentle rainfall outside.  We've been in a drought as of late and are presently in a Burn Ban until December. 

Don't want the Daniel Boone National Forest to burn more than it has in the RRG (Red River Gorge) which is a few miles down the country road from us.

Life seems a bit different now that I have set a date to start the trail and picked a starting point.
Logistics are what I am going thru right now so that I can collectively create a "wish list" of items needed for this journey.  Timing of costs is my next concern for it is the exact concern of my wife's.

I've been handling the budget and such as we've both been labeled disabled. 
Cash is a concern as it should be for her.  Dr's still are a part of our lives but Insurance is limited.
We both are doing our best to work with the bodies we have and the Ins. systems as it changes.

Disability:
Unable to do what we used to for the labor force. Out of place on this mountainside where we recover or continue as is.  In a way it is freedom ..... in another way, a cage.  We just keep moving forward.

Her's from Cancer and mine from a physically hard life to date.  Arthritic spine that snap, crackles and pops, and for many years I thought the sound was coming from my cereal bowl, lol.

Anyway, I'll be back to crunching the data on my screen to formulate a guess-ta-mate plan for this journey.  I understand that it cannot be too rigid but it has to hold some structure for my sanity.
I'm a technician ..... I have to have some edge of my unknown to believe in.  Base line, so to say.

HMOH and truly enjoy it, including this line for line data entry for myself.

Possibly, some day it will matter to me to re-read it all.

Keeping it simple, keeping it positive and I will keep moving forward, always forward.

Kindle