Friday, October 25, 2019

Liberty: to hike .... like ...... "Leeroy Jenkins"!!! lol :)

Day 2401 - Wii Scale: 208.0#  Two weeks in a row. (I've been Yo-Yo'ing for a few years)

Seems October each Year is my Lower Points and March my Higher Points. I end the Yo-Yo-Yo this time.

I have increased my attention to muscle retention.  My workout/stretching routine is being formed as I try new movements before and after walking.  It is all OK'd by my Dr.  (at least one of them).

The other Dr. in my life will get my blood work and report soon.  I decided to have a Physical on my Birthday this year and it should then be scheduled for next year on my Birthday, which co-incidentally happens to be the day I'm guessing I will finish the A.T. in 2020.

By my calculations: I should be able to loose 50# before I start in April and if not, soon after I start .... lol.

If's I desire to carry only 25# of gear and at most, 40# total for long sections, I SHOULD never be this heavy again while walking.  That gives me hope to know that my body type and frame can do this even with my disabling limitations.

I have the liberty to hike.

*********

Doing it Leeroy Jenkins Style.
(Meaning to do something so bloody wild that you'll be talked about for months because it was bloody insane.)   I guess I've been disconnected since about 2005.

Being disconnected from main stream social media for so long, I've missed the reference or meme labeled Leeroy Jenkins.  It wasn't until I was introduced to a Robot by the name. 
It did what it wanted when it wanted..... a bit unsafe but in the scheme of things it was a controlled safe if that can be comprehended.   Anyway, it may become my cry to the woods each morning as I start out on my daily adventure.

If you don't know what that reference is:
I don't have time to explain a long elaborate plan so I'll start up the trail first and then use and intimidating SHOUT!
When my shouts done, I'll need "a moment" to hear if anyone else responds with a shout.
So I don't know, possibly I can get someone to give me a number crunch "real quick" of that possibility? ....

Gimme a sec, I've come up with a 32.33333 (repeating of course) ... 


Ok, that's a lot better than I usually do .... So lets .....


...  LEE ROY JENKINS!!!!

OMG - Stick to the plan... Let's go, let's go!  ;)

*******
yep, it's one of those mornings. 

All before my crunches & coffee today.

********
I've completed about 33% of my data collection for this trip.
I hope to have it complete by Halloween and start November/December with gear idea purchases. 
I'm looking for their end of year sales from ALL the vendors I've recently placed myself on their marketing lists.   Then in January, weed out the competitions to hold true to my purchases and the company mail blasts.
I'll also need to fund my Trail Journals page and begin the process of converting this blog to an actual hike blog.
"On the Trail: Adventure is out there!" 
Image result for adventure is out there
or something silly like that.
*****

Last but not least: Dynamic and Static Stretching

I began stretching after my knees could not handle two days in a row of walking 10,000 steps each day.

I searched for stretching routines and much is to be said.
So, I gathered 40 pages of data, weeded it down to a few great sites and am building my personal pre and post 
routines.  Dynamic before and Static After.

I'll get my sports Dr. to refine it and have it OK'd before too long.

When complete, I'll add here what I've figgered out.

Just for the record: I'll continue to stretch as it made a HUGE difference.  Pain subsided so quickly without medicine or topical that I'll have is as part of my routine everyday.

Keep it simple, keep it positive and keep moving forward, always forward.
~ Kindle