Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Sheltowee Hiker Challenge - Training began today: Election Day 2020

 With 3 miles walked at the local park today, i solidified my wanderlust fears with a self-talk/walk.

I begin the Sheltowee Trace Trail Hiker Challenge on the third weekend in January 2021.  The Sheltowee is a 333 mile trail that goes from just North of Morehead, KY to just across the border South into Tennessee near Rugby.

The goal is to hike about 33 miles on average each of the 11 months with a second hike in October which has 5 weekends in it during the peak of Fall.  

There will be one other hike sometime before June 5th that will help welcome in a spur @13 mile extension to the town of Rugby, TN as the trail expands with the help of dedicated volunteers.

I'm actually excited to have something to do this year and especially excited to be walking again ... as when my plans to hike the A.T. halted, i gained back 45# of unwelcomed blubber to my frame.

So, for now, I will keep the moniker of Kindle McGuinness and To The Trail will continue until it no longer serves me.

*******
I've also been writing with a few thousand people (tens of thousands actually) from around the world on FaceSpace.  One of my mentors, Mr. Mike Dooley, formed a 21 day writing journey that has continued with some spur groups since ... soon i will also be writing with a 21 Angel adventure through the rest of November into December.   I desire to get on a different spiritual plain for this coming year to calm the flux down.  My testosterone has gotten the best of me with all this idleness and no avenue to express the angst. 

What better way than to train for a hike, then hike and journal with my Angels of protection.  At least i believe i have Angels that watch over me ... i will find out for sure.

*****
Stay Safe and Be Well.
I will do the same.
Tally Ho for now!