Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hiking takes a seat when injured

What can I say?
Life has been extremely interesting since I last posted.
Gist of the lapse:

  • I lost use of my right arm and hand for several weeks due to an injury. 
  • I am in the process of being declared disabled.
I am still very blessed and grateful with my life.

The MRI's, x-rays, physical therapy and other treatments that I've endured has me re-thinking both my time line for our hike and my new equipment needs. 

As for my efforts to get "To The Trail", here are a few goals that have been achieved in the process of making my hike become a reality:
  •  A Singer "Golden Edition", Touch & Sew Model 750 was given to me in excellent condition.  I have the most perfect machine to use for making our equipment!
  • Our son built a machine shop in the space that once was our basement bedroom (that was overtaken by a leaking wall and black mold).  In the rip out, re-purposing the space was essential.  I now have access to a lathe and other tools to create my line of titanium and carbon fiber devices & equipment.
  • And a major funding point was achieved when I recently have developed an FX trading bot that will soon be creating regular weekly paychecks to fund our adventure.
It was 38 years ago when I (age 17 at the time) dreamed that one day a computer would make money for me.  I did not know how it was to happen and I've searched and tried A LOT of things along the way these past 38 years but everything I did along the way was worth it.  With out the street education I received, I honestly can say I would not be where I am and wearing a smile.
Thanks also in part to Courtney Smith and the training from WealthBuilders LLC, I now own my golden goose.  I shall continue to see steady account growth.


Back in 1978, it was a HeathKit H-8 computer and the programming we each performed was for playing 21, wagering on horse racing and random probability of rolling dice, but the dream was created.   I can laugh now for back then, data was stored on Radio Shack cassette tapes.  Times sure have changed.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathkit_H8)




As for the equipment I desire to create:

  • Clothing and rain gear
  • Custom tarps made from cuben fiber material
  • Ditty bags
  • Carbon fiber rod backpack
  • Titanium stoves
I do not doubt many other devices will be created along the way after the 3-D printer is procured.

As for these past several months, I know that physical setbacks will and do happen.  In fact, both my wife and I are dealing with healing and recovery right now.  It is encouraging to me when I hear my hiking partner say: "Well, this is another reminder that hiking is not going to be easy and that my mental preparedness will serve me well when we do hike the trail."   I do love her. :)

Life is still about livin the dream. 

~ Kindle